Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Return to Joël Robuchon's Atelier at Etoile...

This is my second trip to the same restaurant: to check if the menu has evolved and also to confirm my memories of the culinary works there. Well, since February, the menu has changed and I actually like this one better because it is more flavouful, or maybe because I like autumn ranges more...


 The winding mirrored staircase is always fanciful and très Parisian chic...

 No changes here. I chose a three-course menu for 43 euro and from experience, I can hardly finish them so I really can't go for the dégustation eventhough I would have loved to...

 Some touch of autumn colours on the decors...

 shot of foie gras and Parmesan foam - their classic amuse gueule...

Absolutely loved this entrée: a poached egg and some Iberian flavour (the ham). I am so absolutely stealing this recipe for my next dinner with friends...



 the lovely silken potato purée

 Strong on flavour - grilled beef with vegetables. The sauce has a tinge of the sea, probably from use of anchovies in the preparation. It reminded me of the Chinese oyster sauce found in Chinese braised pork dishes and the overall impression denotes a rather Oriental feel to the dish...

 Royal Gala apple in different manifestations: a granita and a tart.

 to finish...


No comments:

Post a Comment